A great salad for lunch. Easy and quick to put together for a weekend lunch, or ideal for a healthy weekday lunch.
- 1/2 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 cups mixed lettuce leaves or baby spinach leaves
- 1 small capscium (bell pepper)
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 10 fresh green beans
- 200g tinned tuna or salmon in water, not oil
- 30 ml light olive oil
- 120 ml white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Cook the quinoa in boiling water for 10 minutes, then strain. Check the packet carefully – some tell you to rinse the quinoa before cooking, others have already done the rinsing. You do need to make sure you rinse it thoroughly if necessary or it will be bitter.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the vegetables. Chop the carrot, celery, beans and capsicum. Rinse and tear the lettuce leaves (if using).
- Put them all in a bowl. with strained, tinned fish. Personally, I prefer salmon, but this salad works as well with tuna as well.
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water to cool it quickly, and strain well.
- Toss with the salad veggies and as much salad dressing as you like.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bottle or plastic drink container with a secure lid.
- Shake well to emulsify and combine.
- This will keep a long time as all the ingredients are non-perishable. Just keep in a properly sealed container and shake well when you want to use it.
Return to Gluten Free Salad Recipes page
Return to Main Recipes Page
Return to Home Page