I’ve been trying to eat more red vegetables, but I generally struggle to find interesting things to do with red cabbage. Last weekend I made a coleslaw with it, and threw in a handful of dried cranberries. The result was delicious, nutritious, and gluten free. What could be better?
- 1/2 red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- handful parsley, roughly chopped
- handful of snipped chives
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup gluten free mayonnaise
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss together
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar.
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste.
- 3/4 cup light olive oil
- Use a stick blender to combine the egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar and mustard
- Continue to blend ingredients whilst adding the olive oil in a thin, steady stream. (I find this is easiest if I stand the container I’m making the mayonnaise in on a tea towel to stop it slipping.)
Return to Gluten Free Salad Recipes page
Return to Main Recipes Page
Return to Home Page