Don’t be put off by stories of how hard it is to make mayonnaise. If you use a stick blender, it’s dead easy. And you know it’s full of healthy fats and no artificial ingredients!
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten free Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup light olive oil
- Use a tall container that will fit your stick blender, making sure the blender reaches right to the bottom of the container
- Put the egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar and mustard into the bottom of the container and give it a quick blitz to mix it all thoroughly
- Put the container on a damp tea towel – this will stop it moving around while you do the next bit
- Slowly pour the olive oil into the egg mixture, blitzing it all the time
- You need to add in a slow, steady stream – not too fast
- As you add the oil, the mixture will thicken up. Keep adding the oil until you reach the consistency you like – you may not use all the oil.
- If the mayonnaise won’t thicken, beat another egg yolk and slowly add it to the mayonnaise until it thickens.
Voila! Your very own mayonnaise!
Return to Gluten Free Salad Recipes page
Return to Main Recipes Page
Return to Home Page