A perfect meal for a weekend light lunch, or for a lazy Sunday night’s easy peasy dinner.
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 60g melted butter
- 2 tbsp snipped chives or parsley
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 3 rashers bacon, rind removed (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190C (375F)
- Blend the rice with the melted butter, chives or parsley, salt and pepper, and half the grated cheese
- Press the rice mixture into 1 large, greased baking dish and make 6 hollows in it, or into 6 small pie mould, making a hollow in the middle of the rice
- Drop an egg in each hollow
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted
- If using a large baking dish, cut carefully into squares and lift each square out onto plates. If using individual pie moulds, carefully lift each rice mould out onto plates.
- Serve with grilled rashers of bacon if desired.
Return to Home Page
Return to Other Recipes Page
Return to Recipes Page