Eat this either as grilled salmon, or bake in the marinade to get a delicious sauce to have with your fish.
- 1/4 cup white miso (fermented soybean paste)
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely spring onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together. Just as a hint: I use a fine grater to mince the ginger. It works a treat and is a lot easier than trying to use a food processor for a small piece of ginger, or mince it by hand.
- Put the salmon in a flat dish and coat with the marinade. If you’re planning to bake it, use an oven-proof dish to save you having to transfer it later
- Marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes in the fridge.
- If baking, preheat the oven to 175C.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake the fish for about 25 to 30 minutes, or remove from the marinade and grill for 3 or 4 minutes, skin side down until a crust has formed, then flip and grill for another 3 or 4 minutes. Be careful not to get the pan too hot. The sauce will burn quite quickly if you’re not careful.
- Serve and enjoy!
Return to Home Page
Return to Other Recipes Page
Return to Recipes Page