Even if you don’t like cauliflower, I reckon you’ll love this dish. The cauliflower puree is a perfect silky match to the delicate salmon.
- 2 pieces of salmon with skin on (about 250g in total)
- 1/2 cauliflower head chopped roughly
- 1/2 brown onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves,minced
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup chicken flavoured stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- Gently fry the onion and garlic until translucent
- Add the cream, stock and cauliflower
- Put the lid on and bring the liquid to the boil
- Remove the lid and simmer until the cauliflower is cooked and the liquid is reduced to about half
- Use a stick blender to blitz until smooth
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Keep the puree warm while you grill your salmon to taste. I prefer mine cooked all the way through, but some people like theirs a bit rare in the middle. But do grill the skin until crisp.
- Put the puree on the plate and place the salmon in the middle
- Serve with steamed vegetables.
Return to Home Page
Return to Other Recipes Page
Return to Recipes Page