My take on the traditional pumpkin soup. Delicious, warming soup for Autumn or Winter lunch.
- 1 kg pumpkin, chopped roughly
- 1 litre good quality vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cloves
- 1 small brown onion, diced finely
- 1/2 cup pouring cream
- Make, or buy a good vegetable stock and keep it at the simmer.
- Gently fry the onions until translucent.
- Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan, and simmer for approximately 20 minutes, until the pumpkin is tender.
- At this stage you can remove the cloves if you want. I leave them there because I like the flavour they give to the soup.
- Scoop the pumpkin and some of the stock into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Put back in the saucepan and bring back to a simmer.
- Add the cream and stir in well.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Return to Home Page
Return to Soup Recipes Page
Return to Recipes Page