- 2 heads Broccoli
- 750ml (1.5 pints) good vegetable stock
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 100g (3.5 oz) mild blue cheese (blue brie works very well)
- 50ml (2 fl oz) cream or milk (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Gently cook the onion and garlic until translucent. Don’t allow it to brown or it will go bitter.
- Bring the vegetable stock to the boil.
- Roughly chop or break up the broccoli and add to the stock.
- Simmer for about 10 or 15 mins – until the broccoli is tender.
- Put the broccoli, stock, onions and garlic into a blender and process until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and bring back to the simmer.
- Add the blue cheese and cream or milk if you want. I don’t usually bother with them because the cheese gives the soup as much flavour as it needs. Stir thoroughly until all the cheese has melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Personally, I don’t bother with the salt because the cheese has plenty of salt in it already, but I do add a dash of pepper.
- Serve with fresh gluten free bread rolls.
Return to Home Page
Return to Soup Recipes Page
Return to Recipes Page