Mushroom Tart – The ideal dish for vegetarians, or those looking for meat free alternatives. And it’s gluten free of course!
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 45g butter or margarine
- ½ cup single cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 whole eggs
- 60g tasty cheese, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small brown onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Shortcrust pastry shell
- Preheat oven to 175C
- Sauté the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent
- Add the mushrooms and fry gently until the mushrooms are tender
- Beat the egg yolk, eggs and cream together.
- Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Put mushrooms and onions into the pastry shell.
- Pour the cream mixture over mushrooms and onions.
- Bake in a moderate oven until filling is set (about 30 – 35 minutes)
Return to Home Page
Return to Pastry and Pies Recipe Page
Return to Recipes Main Page