A delicious way to serve broccoli and spinach. The pastry takes a little while to prepare but it’s worth the effort.
- 1 batch of my gluten free puff pastry
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg,lightly beaten
- 6 bocconcini
- 1 head broccoli
- 250g spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry to about 5mm thick, place on the baking paper and score a line about 2.5cm in from the edge. Cut as deep as you can without cutting right through the pastry.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the most of the egg and parmesan cheese. Leave a little egg to glaze the pastry.
- Spread over the puff pastry, up to the cut marks.
- Mince the garlic cloves and add to a pan with the spinach and a little butter.
- Fry gently until the spinach is wilted.
- Scatter the spinach and chopped broccoli over the ricotta cheese mix.
- Scatter the bocconcini over the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown. (A little water squirted into the oven to create steam will help the puff pastry rise.
Return to Pastry and Pies Recipe Page
Return to Recipes Main Page
Return to Home Page