Easy peasy gluten Free, lactose Free Custard. When you can’t be bothered making a traditional custard, but you really really want custard. My version of custard made like the packet stuff, but gluten free.
- 2 Tbsp Cornflour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 600ml (1 pint) lactose free milk (or coconut milk if you like the flavour)
- 2 egg yolks lightly beaten
- Combine the cornflour and sugar in a microwave safe jug
- Add a little milk to make a smooth paste
- Beat in the rest of the milk
- Heat in the microwave for a minute and a half
- Take out and stir well
- Continue to cook in 30 second bursts, beating well after each burst, until the mixture thickens and boils.
- If it looks like it’s going to lump, take it out and beat with a hand mixer for a minute or so then continue cooking.
- Once it has boiled, mix in the egg yolks in a steady stream, beating well as you add them.
- If you don’t need it straight away, cover with a piece of cling film to prevent a skin forming.
Return to Home Page
Return to Other Recipes Page
Return to Recipes Page