- 185g (6oz) butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cups gluten free self-raising flour
- ½ cup gluten free plain flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp xanthan or guar gum
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 60g (2oz) butter
- ¾ cup pure icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp milk
- Raspberry or strawberry jam
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and coconut and mix well. If the mixture is a bit stiff, you can add a little milk to soften.
- Roll teaspoonsful of the mixture into balls and place on oven tray that has been lightly greased, or covered with baking paper.
- Press back of fork into mixture to flatten them and make a hash pattern in the top.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- When completely cool, put a teaspoonful of jam and a generous teaspoon of filling in the centre of half the biscuits.
- Top with the remaining halves and press together lightly.
- Cream butter and sifted icing sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla
- Gradually add milk and beat well.
Back to Gluten Free Recipes Page
Back to Home Page