These big, pillowy biscuits are great for weekends. They’re not too heavy, and are great for a snack on the run.
- 125g (4oz) butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp xanthan or guar gum
- ⅔ cup sultanas
- 1 cup gluten free self-raising flour
- 2 cups lightly crushed gluten free cornflakes
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Fold in sifted flour, gum and sultanas
- Drop dessertspoonsful of mixture into cornflakes and coat lightly.
- Put onto oven tray that has been lightly greased, or covered with baking paper.
- Squash mixture down slightly on tray, and leave enough room for them to spread.
- Cook in a moderate oven for about 20 minutes.
Back to Gluten Free Recipes Page
Back to Home Page