- 125g (4oz) butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups gluten free self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp xanthan or guar gum
- 125g (4oz) chocolate chips
- 60g (20z) walnut pieces
- Cream butter, sugars and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add lightly beaten egg, beating well.
- Mix in sifted flours, gum and salt.
- Add chocolate chips and walnut.
- Shape large teaspoonsful of mixture into balls and place on oven trays that have been lightly greased or covered with baking paper.
- Flatten each one lightly, and allow room for some spreading. These don’t spread as much as conventional biscuits with is why I flatten them slightly to make sure I don’t end up with a big blob of biscuit.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire tray.
Back to Gluten Free Recipes Page
Back to Home Page