Delicious, slightly chewy, gluten free take on an Australian tradition.
Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- 1 cup gluten free plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 cup sugar
- 125g (4oz) butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 150C (300F)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine the butter, golden syrup and water in a saucepan and heat gently until the butter melts.
- Add the soda, mix together quickly then pour into dry ingredients.
- Mix well together.
- Shape desertspoonsful (about 35g or 1.2oz) into balls then flatten on cookie sheet or baking tray covered in baking paper.
- Allow room to spread slightly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from tray and allow to cool.
- If you want them a bit more crisp, turn the oven off, return the biscuits to the oven and leave until the oven cools.
Back to Gluten Free Recipes Page
Back to Home Page