These are delicious! The perfect combination of coffee and chocolate in a soft brownie with chocolate frosting for an extra chocolate hit.
- 200g dark chocolate
- 125g butter or margarine
- a shot of espresso, or 1/4 cup strong black coffee
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 cup gluten free icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Put the sugar, broken up dark chocolate, coffee and margarine in a saucepan.
- Heat gently until the chocolate and margarine have melted.
- Allow to cool then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Pour into a bowl, add the flour and mix well to combine.
- Pour into a lined 23cm square cake tin and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Check for “done-ness”. If the centre is just set and a few crumbs stick to the knife, remove it from the oven. If it’s still too wobbly give it a couple more minutes.
- Cool for about 5 minutes in the pan, then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- When it’s just warm, cover with frosting. Don’t do this too soon or the frosting will melt and run everywhere.
- When completely cool, cut into 9 squares and serve.